I discovered a while back, that google seems to be (partially) broken.
If I perfom a google-search, I’ll get the following SERP (serach engine result page) as expected:
But when I change my search query and click on the search-button, nothing happens. In fact, the only thing, that has changed, is a parameter (gs_l) in the url, as seen below:
I have to use a very inconvenient workaround (open a new window or tab) to perform my second search.
This problem does not appear all the time – it is not easily replicable. But it does happen.
My conclusion: Google is not working correctly here – yet nobody seems to care!